Who can look past chocolate chip cookies for a dessert? Give this delicious vegan alternative to your friends – they won’t even know the difference!
- Shredded coconut (unsweetened) – 3 cups
- Unsalted almond butter – ¾ cup
- Golden syrup – ½ cup
- Almond flour – ½ cup
- Almond milk – ½ cup
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Chocolate chips
Here’s what you do.
- Blend shredded coconut for ten minutes, or until it gains the consistency of peanut butter.
- Add almond butter, golden syrup, almond flour, almond milk and salt to freshly-made coconut butter. Blend until dough is formed. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add chocolate chips to the mix.
- Scoop 3-4cm balls from the dough, placing them on a cookie sheet. Roll into smooth balls and sprinkle with extra salt.
- Chill in the refrigerator for three hours.
- Chocolate cookies may be stored for up to a week in the refrigerator, or two months in the freezer. Keep airtight.