Note: This treat contains alcohol. Do not give it to children (they won’t appreciate it, anyway).
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup tequila
- ½ cup Cointreau
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 ½ tsp agar agar flakes
- Sea salt to garnish
- Fresh mint leaves to garnish
Here’s what you do.
- Mix tequila, Cointreau and lime juice in a cocktail shaker.
- Combine cocktail mixture with water, sugar and agar agar flakes in a pot. Bring to the boil, stirring as needed to make sure the sugar and agar are fully dissolved. Keep on boil for 2 minutes.
- Pour mixture into serving vessels – glasses or moulds – then refrigerate until set. Note that setting will take longer than it would with non-alcoholic jelly.
- To serve, top each serving with a pinch of sea salt and sprig of fresh mint.