As pretty as it sounds… at least, your tastebuds will think so! Exotic rose and cheeky pistachio make this a sweet gift for a festive occasion. For best results, don’t skimp on the quality of your flavourings.
- 850g pistachios, toasted
- 150ml aquafaba (see recipe here)
- 2 cups liquid glucose
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups superfine sugar
- 4 sheets rice paper
- 1.5 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1.5 teaspoons rosewater
You’ll also need a candy thermometer.
Here’s what you do.
- Preheat oven to 100 degree celcius.
- Line base and sides of a baking tray with baking paper. Add 2 sheets of rice paper to the base lining, rough side facing up.
- Place water, sugar and glucose in a pan and stir over low heat to dissolve. Use a pastry brush and water to brush down sides of pan.
- Bring to medium heat. Without stirring, heat mixture to 130 degrees celcius – use candy thermometer to do this. When this temperature is reached, remove from heat wait for bubbling to subside.
- Meanwhile, place aquafaba and cream of tartar in a mixing bowl. Beat together using a whisk to form soft peaks.
- Continuing to beat this mixture, slowly pour in hot sugar mixture. Once all has been added, beat on low speed for another 3 minutes.
- Use a metal spoon to stir in pistachios and rosewater.
- Pour mixture into lined baking tray. Cover with remaining rice paper sheets.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, cut into squares and enjoy!