This grown up take on gummy bears is both vegan-friendly and gluten free.
- 1 cup Earl Grey tea – brewed strong
- 1 teaspoon agar agar
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 7 drops stevia
- Vegetable dye, if desired (will be mixed with tea, but you may be able to achieve a pleasing dark tone if you experiment – try a drop of red)
Note: You’ll also need some kind of mold for making jelly lollies – it doesn’t have to be bears, although who doesn’t love tea bears?
Here’s what you do.
- Place tea in a saucepan (with a drop of dye, if desired) and heat to boil
- Add agar agar to a quarter cup of cold water; stir to dissolve.
- Add agar agar mis to tea and boil on high heat for 3 minutes. Stir with a rod to minimise lumps.
- Pour the liquid into your molds.
- Leave to stand for 20 minutes, then refrigerate for a further 20 minutes.