These summery pots of deliciousness can pass as a relaxed dessert or clever breakfast on the go. Experiment with different fruits and yoghurt/milk/cream alternatives to adapt it to your purposes.
- 200g of coconut yoghurt
- 220ml almond milk
- 100ml of coconut cream
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds separated
- 1.5 tbsp agar agar
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and chopped
You’ll also need some glass serving jars or similar.
Here’s what you do.
- Blend bananas until smooth and set aside.
- Mix yoghurt and vanilla seeds in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix cream, sugar and water in a saucepan and heat gently. Sprinkle with agar agar and bring to the boil, then simmer, stirring to dissolve agar and sugar. This may take up to 10 minutes. Take off heat.
- Pour the cream mixture into the yoghurt mixture, whisking together. Add bananas and whisk those in, too.
- Transfer all mixture into serving jars. Allow to set at room temperature, then move to fridge to cool for a further 30 minutes so.